ErgoPouch Bamboo and Organic Cotton Mix Sleeping Bag - Pink/Grey
AWARD WINNING, Mild Weight (1 TOG) Beautiful Quality Baby Sleeping Bag.
The Ergopouch sleeping bag is developed with stretch inserts in the top and side panels to allow babies to move freely and sleep in comfort. Featuring a double ended zipper for easy nappy access. Sleeping with natural fibres creates an optimum temperature balance and promotes a healthy sleeping environment
Sids Safety Tip
The top end of the zipper comes with a button latch to ensure the baby can't accidentally unzip the bag during the night. Always check that the latch is buttoned up to ensure your baby doesn't slip down into the sleeping bag and risk suffocation.
ErgoPouch is a celebrated WINNER of the 2009 iParenting Media Award
Most Outstanding Product
Features and Benefits
- Stays 2-3 degrees cooler in hot weather & warmer in cold
- Naturally supersoft
- Absorbs water 3-4 times better than cotton
- Hypo-allergenic / Anti-bacterial
- Anti-fungal / Anti-static
- Eco Friendly, made naturally
- No pesticides, No chemicals
- Normal wash and dry
Sids Safety Tip
Make sure you check your baby's head cannot pass through the neck hole of the sleeping bag once it's zipped up. Choosing the right size sleeping bag ensures your baby cannot slip down into the sleeping bag and suffocate.
|Child age||Sleeping bag length
(from shoulder to feet)
- Choosing a TOG (Warmth rating)
The higher the TOG, the warmer the product. Ergopouch sleeping bags are available in three tog ratings:
Your nursery temperature Recommended TOG rating 16-20°C (61-69°F) 3.5 TOG 18-22°C (63-67°F) 2.5 TOG 20-24°C (69-73°F) 1.0 TOG 24-27°C (73-80°F) 0.5 TOG
The ideal nursery temperature for babies is 16-20°C (61-69°F). Please note: A number of external factors determine the TOG rating of the sleeping bag that should be used. These include the quantity of clothing the baby is wearing, the temperature of the infant’s bedroom, the baby’s health and the amount of bedding necessary to keep an individual infant warm – this may vary as it does for adults.
Your Ergopouch baby sleeping bag comes with a free nursery thermometer to help you select which TOG baby sleeping bag to use and what sleepwear to put your baby in.
Sids Safety Tip
Remember to check your baby regularly to ensure he/she does not overheat.
- What babies should wear
Depending upon the TOG of your sleeping bag and the nursery temperature, your baby should be wearing different amounts of clothing. Here's a guide:
Nursery temperature WARM Weight MILD Weight COOL Weight 26°C (79°F) T-shirt 24°C (75°F) Short sleeved light pyjamas Short sleeved light pyjamas 23°C (73°F) Long sleeved light pyjamas 22°C (71°F) Long sleeved light pyjamas Long sleeved light pyjamas 20°C (65°F) Long sleeved light pyjamas 18°C (65°F) Warm pyjamas 16°C (61°F) Warm pyjamas + under garments
- What is an ErgoPouch?
- A baby sleep bag is a unique cross between a baby blanket and a traditional sleeping bag. It has the softness and fabric weight of a traditional baby blanket, but the construction and comfort of a sleeping bag.
- How does a sleep bag work?
- You simply zip the bag up the front after placing your baby inside. ErgoPouch is constructed with a clever upside down zipper that discourages little hands from unzipping the bag & allows for effortless diaper changes that don’t require undressing the baby!
- Why use a sleep bag instead of baby blankets?
- The question is, why wouldn't you want to use one! Popular in Europe for decades, baby sleep bags provide the perfect mix of comfort, safety & convenience for both baby and caregiver. Because the baby is essentially wearing their blanket, you are assured that they are consistently warm and free from becoming entangled in their bedding. And when babies sleep longer and peacefully, so does the whole household! Additionally, ErgoPouch is designed to safely replace costly bedding, which makes it an exceptional value as well.
- Why are sleep bags sleeveless?
- On a day where it may not be so cold the armholes allow for free circulation of air flow- something essential to prevent the dangerous overheating of your baby. Simply put your baby to bed in the appropriate garment for the season- warm pyjamas for cooler weather or lightweight pyjamas for summertime. ErgPouch is not a garment, but simply complements whatever type of garment your baby wears to bed by keeping them snuggly and warm all night long.
- How can I tell if my baby is too hot or cold?
- Nursery temperature and body heat are the best indicators to keep your baby comfortable while wearing their ErgoPouch. The optimal nursery temperature is approximately 16-20 degrees°C. Babies have immature circulatory systems, so cool fingers or toes are not a good way to gauge body temperature. A quick way to check if your child is comfortable is to place your hand underneath their clothing on their stomach or back. If they feel sweaty, remove a layer of clothing. If they feel cold, add a onesie or t-shirt.
- How many baby sleeping bags do I need?
- We always recommend having two sleep bags. Many times babies have little accidents in the middle of the night and it’s handy to have a spare while the other is being laundered.
Sids Safety Tip
Never use your baby sleeping bag with a duvet or quilt. There's no need for blankets or top sheets, just the appropriate nightclothes to suit the temperature of the room.
Click image to enlarge
|Domestic Free Shipping:||Yes|