ERGObaby Sports Carrier - Black
Smart choice for large/tall parents or those seeking a warm weather option.
The revolutionary ERGObaby Carrier offers hands-free closeness like no other. Its award winning design supports your child in three easy-to-use positions - front, hip and back; which adapts to your child's growing needs from birth to 18kgs.
Please note that this item may take an extra 4-5 days to ship and could be shipped separately from the rest of your order.
ERGObaby recommend the use of the Infant Insert for babies under 4 months or 5.5kgs
Sport Carrier Benefits
The ERGObaby Sport Carrier is a slick, streamlined design that is light, cool and particularly great for Dads! Also suitable for active Mums, this model features a poly-cotton blend fabric that is more breathable. The Sport Carrier also has an added front 'split' allowing for additional ventilation. The shoulder straps and waist belt are longer than the Standard range, offering added versatility for the comfort of taller and larger people.
- Product Features
- Sleeping Hood - an adjustable sleeping hood keeps babys head well aligned while sleeping in all positions and can be easily stored in the front pocket. It also offers protection from sand, wind and light rain
- Fabric - The outer layer features a 35% cotton and 65% polyester fabric blend. It is both a lighter (20%) and cooler fabric, drawing moisture away from the body. Added front vent provides additional breathability.
- Waistbelt - Padded waist belt extends an additional 13cm, adjusting from 76cm to 122cm with a 5cm wide buckle and elastic safety loop.
- Shoulder Straps - Designed to fit taller and larger people, the curved straps extend an extra 10cm, providing a comfortable fit for wearers of all sizes.
- Back Pocket - The standard zipped pocket has been replaced with a pocket with snaps for Sleeping Hood storage.
- Versatile and Cost Effective - three ergonomic, easy-to-use carry positions - front, hip and back.
- All-in-One Solution - perfect from birth up to 3 - 4 years old (max. weight limit 20kgs).
- Physical Health Benefits
ERGObaby provides anatomically correct positioning for your baby, promoting healthy hip and spinal development. The extra-wide waist belt and padded shoulder straps evenly distribute your child's weight from shoulders to hip, avoiding neck and shoulder strain associated with some front pack carriers. ERGObaby now gives parents the choice of extended strain-free carrying. ERGObaby is recognised by leading international chiropractors for offering optimal weight distribution, comfort for parents and healthy positioning for baby.
- Wearing your baby supports...
- Parent-infant bonding. Parents learn baby's cue faster in closer contact, giving them greater confidence.
- Secure and confident babies. Sling babies appear less clingy and are more self reliant.
- Deeper and longer sleep patterns as carried baby's fall asleep more easily.
- The reduction of reflux and colic symptoms
- Reduces crying in fussy babies by up to 51%
- Why/how long do I need to use the infant insert?
The 'Heart 2 Heart' infant insert offers premium head support and is required until baby weighs 5.5kgs and has developed head control (usually 3 - 4 months). It supports your baby's head and neck, as well as spine and hips, during those first crucial months of development until your little one develops head and torso control. The Infant Insert moulds around baby's head, ensuring the chin is not pressed to the chest and airways are always clear.
- Can I wear my baby facing outwards?
The ERGObaby carrier is not designed to be used with the child facing out. This is for several reasons, the most crucial being that in an outward facing position the little one is usually hung by the crotch in a 'parachute' style carry which can put pressure on the vertebrate and hip joints. The ERGObaby carrier's ergonomic design supports a correct sitting position for the baby's hip, pelvis and spine growth. It disperses most of the baby's weight between the hips and thighs and helps prevent compression of the spine. This is a healthier and more comfortable seated position for your baby as opposed to being hung by the crotch.
- If the carrier fits me will it also fit my husband?
The ERGObaby carrier is great for both mum and dad. The general range is between women slightly over 5' and men up to 6'4". The carrier adjusts at the waist, shoulder straps and chest strap which allows for many size options. The ERGObaby waist extension extends the carrier's waist belt circumference by 20cm from 110cm to 130cm.
- Do I need help to get my child into the carrier?
You can definitely get your baby in the carrier by yourself without the help of anyone or anything! Each carrier comes with an Instructional DVD that will assist you while you practice a few times with the help of someone. It also helps to practice in front of a mirror so both you and your baby can make visual connection with what you are doing. The ERGObaby's learning curve quickly pays off with the amazing freedom that it offers!
- What age is it best to use the back carry position?
This is an individual developmental process for our babies. Usually around 6 months when the baby has developed torso control a child will be happy moving to your back, although it is not unheard of that a 4 month old baby can be very happy on the back as well. If a child is fussing in the back carry position for the first time, a well-tried and tested settling technique is to bring them to a mirror where they find comfort in seeing themselves. Bouncing and movement will also help.
- Why choose ERGObaby over a framed backpack?
The ERGObaby is more portable because it is lightweight and can be folded up while in transit. The ERGObaby is also more comfortable for the parent as it holds the baby closer to your centre of gravity, thus making the baby feel lighter. It distributes the baby's weight directly to your hips which enables the comfortable carrying of even older children.
|Recommended Retail Price:||$159.95|
|Domestic Free Shipping:||Yes|